Facebook releases Messenger (Beta) app for Windows 10 Mobile
The new Messenger app is exactly what Windows 10 Mobile users have always wanted. It comes with several key features, and this is possible due to the app being a port from the iOS version rather than something created from the ground up for the platform.
Many Windows 10 mobile users have been expecting this change, especially because it is very useful. For now it’s a beta version available for testing, but as it seems until now, there are only a few bugs.
The app lets you send GIFs, stickers, voice message, and much more. Features such as a Do Not Disturb mode and Push Notifications are also available on the app. As for performance, the app doesn’t seem to have a lot of issues which is definitely a good news.
Facebook Messenger for Windows 10 Mobile should be coming soon to users as the company is currently working on improving the performance and fixing bugs.
Here is its full feature list:
- Get notifications so you never miss a message
- See when you have messages waiting for you with a live tile
- Send photos, videos, GIFs and more
- Bring your conversations to life with stickers
- Know when people have seen your messages
- Create groups for the people you message most—name them and set group photos
- Forward messages or photos to people who weren’t in the conversation
- Search for people and groups to quickly get back to them
This version of the app, launched for the first time for Windows 10, has had some really positive reviews both from fans and from critics, which shows it’s a well done app.