Xiaomi Mi Note successor arrives in China with 5.7-inch dual curved display
The long-awaited Mi Note 2 finally saw the light of day in China. Xiaomi first unveiled the original Mi Note back in January 2015. The device suffered from being the early adopter of infamous Snapdragon 810 processor and the overheating issues that come with it. Coupled with that, the lack of availability outside China further hurt the Mi Note and the device never got the traction Xiaomi wanted.
Enter 2016. Xiaomi Mi Note 2 brings powerful specs at a relatively low price compared to the competition. Once again following its predecessor but this time much more offerings and variants to fight with. Let’s look at specs.
- Display: 5.7-inch curved flexible OLED display with QHD resolution, screen to body ratio stands at 77.2%
- Processor: 2.35GHz Snapdragon 821 CPU
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB with micro-SD expansion
- Camera: 23MP rear shooter with EIS and support for 4K videos, 8MP selfie snapper with beauty mode
- Battery: 4070 mAh with quick charging feature via USB Type-C
- Software: Android Marshmallow in MIUI 8’s way
- Colour: Glacier Silver and Piano Black
- Other features: Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, 3D Touch, AQSTIC audio processor and 192KHz/24Bit Hi-Fi sound
The pricing starts at RMB 2799 ($413) and goes up to RMB 3499 ($516), depending on the variant you choose. The Indian availability is still unknown. Stay tuned for more.