BlackBerry KEYone Launched in India for ₹39,990
BlackBerry today launched the KEYone in India in a ‘Limited Edition Black’ variant that is priced at ₹39,990. The Android-powered device made by the company was first unveiled at Mobile World Congress earlier this year and will go on sale in India on 8 August as an Amazon Exclusive.
The BlackBerry KEYone will be the last smartphone designed by the company itself. This is due to the fact that it has given away the license for designing and producing smartphones to its partner TCL. BlackBerry has also entered into a long-term licensing agreement with Optiemus Infracom Ltd for the production of future BlackBerry Android handsets in India. Optiemus will also manufacture, design and sell future handsets neighbouring countries including Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh as well.
Perhaps more importantly, at least for spec junkies, this full-ebony KEYone variant packs 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, up from 3 and 32 gigs respectively on the international variant.
- 4.5-inch 1620×1080 IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4, 433 PPI and a 4:3 aspect ratio
- Android Nougat 7.1
- Full QWERTY keypad with touch gestures
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octa-Core 2.0 GHz, 64-bit Adreno 506 coupled with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage with micro SD card support upto 2TB
- 12MP rear camera with phase detection autofocus, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording at 30fps; with a Sony IMX378 sensor
- 8MP fixed focus front camera with wide-angle lens, light-up LCD flash, full HD video recording
- USB Type-C; 3505mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- LTE ready, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2
- Fingerprint sensor embedded in the space bar