Here’s how to disable ads on MIUI
Xiaomi is one of the most popular smartphone makers in India and its Redmi series has grabbed the number one spot in terms of sales within a short span of time, offering feature-packed devices at low budget. But these offerings come with unwanted advertisements which ruin the user experience of most of the users out there.
All the smartphones from Xiaomi run on their in-house software called MIUI, except the Mi A1 and Mi A2 smartphones which run on Stock Android. The phones running on MIUI houses ad banners and app recommendations everywhere, right from the launcher till the native applications and services.
“We would like to inform you that the ads are placed in a manner to avoid any conflict with the actual functioning of the app. However, we will take your feedback into consideration and will always strive to give our customers the best user experience,” said Xiaomi said in a statement.
Seriously, who wants to see ads everywhere on their phone? Thankfully, it is possible to remove these ads. This guide will help you remove all ads from MIUI on your Xiaomi smartphone.
1. Remove System Ads:
1. Go to Settings, scroll down and select Additional Settings.
2. Select “Authorization and revocation”.
3. Disable msa.
4. Select Revoke in the pop-up.
5. You may get an error saying the authorization couldn’t be revoked. Simply follow Step 3 and Step 4 a couple more times and it shall work out.
Now, you need to disable personalized ad recommendations, this will stop system-wide data tracking.
1. Go to Settings and then select Additional Settings.
2. Scroll down and select “Ad services” (Some users may find “Ad services” inside the Privacy section on the list of Additional Settings).
3. Tap and disable “Personalized ad recommendation”.
You’ve successfully disabled ad services throughout the MIUI. But, individual native apps like the browser have their own app settings and each app needs to be individually disabled.
2. Remove Ads From Mi Manager:
1. Open Mi Manager app and tap on the three lines (hamburger menu) at the top left corner.
2. Select Settings.
3. Go to About and disable the ‘Recommendations’ tab.
3. Remove Ads From Mi Browser:
1. Open the browser.
2. Tap hamburger menu.
3. Select Settings.
4. Turn off the notifications option.
5. Tap Privacy and security.
6. Disable “Recommended for you”.
7. Now go to Advanced and select Top sites order (Some devices might not show the ‘Top sites’ option under Advanced section, so, skip this step).
8. Tap to disable “Receive recommendations”.
4. Remove Ads From Security App:
1. Open the app and go Settings.
2. Disable ‘Receive recommendations’.
3. Now go to the Settings again, and this time select the Cleaner section.
4. Disable the ‘Receive recommendations’ option here as well.
If you’ve followed all the above steps correctly, your Xiaomi/Redmi device should be free of ads now!