Nokia X71 can be expected to release in India soon
Nokia X71 will be the cheapest phone with a hole-punch camera
The Nokia X71 was unveiled in China earlier this month. The phone is only the third phone by a mainstream OEM to offer a hole-punch camera. It is also Nokia’s first phone to have a triple-camera setup and ironically came after Nokia 9: a phone with 5 cameras. Before China, the phone was unveiled in Taiwan. But unfortunately, HMD Global still hasn’t confirmed if we can expect the Nokia X71 to come to the Indian market and elsewhere around the globe.
The global version of the phone might be called the Nokia 8.1 Plus.
But as we’ve seen before, phones released in China and Taiwan do eventually make it to the global market with a new global name. For example, the Nokia 6.1 Plus was unveiled in Taiwan and China as the Nokia X6 in May 2018. At that time, there was no word on whether the phone would make it to the Indian market. But eventually, the phone did make it to the Indian market a couple of months later in August.
So when will the Nokia X71 launch in India?
Well, as I said before, there’s no official confirmation from HMD Global if they even plan to launch the X71 globally, let alone the release date. But if past launches are anything to go by, then we can expect the phone to be released before Q2 2019 ends.
What will the price of Nokia X71 in India be?
In China, the Nokia X71 costs 2,199 Yuan (approximately $327/INR 22832) while the 128GB model is priced at 2,699 Yuan (approximately $402/INR 28069). In Taiwan, the phone is priced at NT$11,900 (approximately $378/INR 26395).
Considering how they’re priced in these countries, we can expect the phone to be priced at INR 30,000 in India, unless of course, Nokia gets aggressive.
Nokia X7 Specifications
- 6.39-inch FullHD+ PureView Display with
- Glass-aluminium build with Gorilla Glass and 93% screen-to-body ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC with 6GB RAM
- 64/128GB internal storage with microSD card support up to 400GB
- Triple-camera rear setup: 48-megapixel f/1.8 primary sensor + 8-megapixel 120° FOV ultra-wide lens + 5-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor
- Punch-hole selfie camera with 16-megapixel f/2.0 sensor
- 3,500mAh battery with USB Type C and 18W Fast Charging
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, OZO 360-degree surround sound technology
- Android One certified with Android P out of the box