Vivo V15 Pro gets a software update to improve photos & fingerprint sensor
Vivo, the Chinese ‘Apple’, is known for not being too quick at delivering security and Android version updates. To be honest, it’s not just Vivo but most Android smartphone OEMs today. But ironically, Vivo has pushed out quite a few updates for the Vivo V15 Pro since its launch. While I didn’t count, my best guess would be around at least 4 updates!
And if that wasn’t enough, Vivo is now pushing another update with the serial number PD1832F_EX_A_1.10.23. So what’s new in this update?
This is the changelog of the new update:
- Improved system security, stability, and compatibility with third-party apps
- Optimized call details to improve call quality
- Optimized the phone’s Internet call performance in some areas
- Optimized on-screen fingerprint DSP accelerator
- Increased the photo quality as well as the portrait composition effect of camera
- Improved the stability of network connection
- Optimized the audio parameters to provide you better sound effects
- Optimized the step-counting logic to increase step count precision and provide you with more accurate exercise data
This update also solves a very annoying problem that I faced with the phone. Before this update, clicking on the WiFi toggle in the quick settings menu would open the WiFi settings menu by quitting the existing application. But fortunately, this update solves that issue.
Vivo V15 Pro Specifications
Vivo V15 Pro was launched back in February and was then the cheapest phone to have a pop-up selfie camera and a full-view display. The phone quickly we to be Vivo’s best-selling phone of all time. The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 675 and has 6GB of RAM along with 128GB of memory.
The phone has a triple-camera setup that comprises of a 48-megapixel camera, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor and a 5-megapixel depth sensing sensor. The phone runs on Funtouch OS 9 (Android Pie) and has a battery capacity of 3,700mAh.